"The destiny of nations depends on how they nourish themselves" - BRILLAT SAVARIN
The Week of Tastes is a program that culminates in an annual event, designed to change children's relationship with food and address eating habits contributing to the obesity epidemic.
The Week of Tastes allows children:
- to understand how they use their five senses to appreciate food
- enrich their food vocabulary
- develop curiosity and a positive attitude towards new foods
- discover the diverse world of flavours
- to learn the link between good food choice and good health
- and connects them to local chefs, bakers, pastry chefs, cheese makers or other food producers.
2016 saw over 5,0000 Sydney, regional NSW, and Tasmanian children taste, bake and cook their way to a better understanding of taste. They expressed their creativity through wonderful artwork, and food memories were explored with some brilliant writing and poetry submitted to the "My most memorable meal" competition.
If you would like to register your school for this year's Week of Tastes... (CLICK HERE) or would like further information on how you can participate, please contact HELEN.